Business Partners is delighted to be the founder of this inspirational competition 23 years ago.
Business Partners invests in viable businesses and over the 30 years of its existence helped to set up more than 33 000 small and medium sized businesses. Some of them grew to become big businesses. Many became solid sustainable businesses in their specialist fields of activity or within the community within which they operate. Many became part of bigger groups where the efficiencies within the small business could be rolled over into a much bigger business. All of these are wonderful role models of what can be done and are all winners in their own right. However to really honour entrepreneurs by way of the award “Entrepreneur of the Year®” is the ultimate acknowledgement everyone could aspire to.
This award is not only about success, but also about how to overcome disappointment and challenges that could not be foreseen or prevented. We have found that true entrepreneurs re-invent themselves all the time and also remain humble with their feet on the ground.
Business Partners is delighted to be associated with such quality people who play such a pivotal role in making the economic engine turning faster, smoother and more sustainable.
The Business Partners offering
Business Partners Limited is a specialist risk finance company for formal small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in South Africa, and selected African countries. The company actively supports entrepreneurial growth by providing financing, specialist sectorial knowledge and added-value services for viable small and medium businesses.
What sets us apart ― the Business Partners’ difference
- Entrepreneurs are the company’s exclusive and only focus and, as such, it is able to offer products and services specifically tailored to meet their unique needs
- Business Partners’ range of financing and added-value services provide an integrated solution for entrepreneurs, catering for all aspects of their business needs, including property broking services, property management services and consulting and mentorship services
- Business Partners specialises in investing capital, skill and knowledge in entrepreneurs, its people have in-depth knowledge of the small and medium enterprise sector, as well as insight into the challenges facing independent businesses
- The company’s risk financing model is regarded as one of the most innovative in the world and has been accepted internationally as a working financing solution for developing countries
- Similarly, the Business Partners due diligence process is thorough, tried and tested; therefore providing insight into the extent of inherent risk in a deal
- Business Partners’ systems and processes have earned the company an ISO 9001:2000 accreditation – the first financial services company in the country to be accredited in this way
- Business Partners believes that people are its real business and is committed to investing in entrepreneurs in every sense of the word. By doing this, the company believes that it will not only create individual wealth, but also fuel the growth of the economy and the creation of jobs