Entrepreneur’s contact details:
Contact person *:
Business tel *:
Physical address (from where the business is operating) *:
Province *: --- Eastern Cape Free State Gauteng KwaZulu-Natal Limpopo Mpumalanga North West Northern Cape Western Cape Business information:
Name of business entity (If Group, please indicate the name of business entity entering the competition) *:
Business type *: --- Sole Proprietor Partnership CC Company Trust
When was the business established? *:
BEE Status *:
Ownership (Black ownership as a % of total ownership):
Management (Black management as a % of total management):
Employment equity (Black employees, excluding management, as a % of total employees): Business ownership information:
Name/s of business owner/s *:
Date of birth of business owner/s:
Gender/s of business owner/s:
Shareholding of business owner/s:
Name of controlling owner (if different from above):
Age/s of controlling owner (if different from above):
Gender/s of controlling owner (if different from above):
Shareholding of controlling owner (if different from above): Financial information
If Group, please confirm the name of the business entity whose financials are being submitted
Turnover for Financial Year End 2018 *:
Turnover for Financial Year End 2019 *:
Profit for Financial Year End 2018 *:
Profit for Financial Year End 2019 *:
Number of full-time employees for Financial Year End 2018 *:
Number of full-time employees for Financial Year End 2019 *: Entry motivation information:
1. Which Entrepreneur of the Year® competition category/categories do you believe is/are the best fit for your business entity?
2.Give a brief the history of your business: please include information on why and how was it established, who was involved in its establishment?
3. What products and/or services does your business offer? Has there been any innovation involved in the product development and/or service offering? How do you differentiate your product and/or services from your competitors?
4. As a business owner, briefly describe how you have proven your entrepreneurial ability and management skills.
5. Marketing is a vital part of any business, what marketing and sales strategy have you adopted in your business to make it successful?
6. Please explain who makes up your business’s client or customer base. How did you acquire this customer base? How do you keep them loyal to your business?
7. Does your business implement any corporate social investment (CSI) project/s? If yes, please tell us about this project/ these projects and why you select to support it/them – what impact does your business want to make through this project/ these projects?
8. In what aspects has your business excelled in its industry to make you, the business owner/s, worthy of being the Entrepreneur of the Year® winner/s?
9.In what aspects have you, the business owner/s, excelled in business to make worthy of being the Entrepreneur of the Year® winner/s?
10. How many jobs have been created by your business? What have the jobs created impacted your operating environment e.g. community, province, etc.? In your answer, please indicate both permanent jobs and temporary employment opportunities.
Where did you hear about the Entrepreneur of the Year® competition? --- Radio TV Article Newspaper advert Online advert Word of Mouth – e.g. friend, chamber, etc I was invited to an event Business Partners Limited newsletter Sanlam newsletter EOY newsletter Social Media
On signing you agree to be part of any publicity or news articles as part of the competition. You also agree to receive communication from the EOY team and sponsors from time to time. The EOY team retains the right to conduct site visits to your business premises as part of the judging process for the competition. Competition finalists may be required to attend training one day before the awards ceremony. * Agree
Please note that the judges reserve the right to allocate the appropriate competition category for all entries.
Please note: should your entry qualify to proceed into the second phase of the EOY competition we may request your financial statements and further company information.